Monday, April 2, 2012

Burst of Empowerment

My health class requires us to complete a "wellness plan." This means we each have to choose one habit we wish to improve in order to better our lives. The habit I chose to improve is blogging more. I know the only way I am going to make a difference in the life of someone dealing with ED is to write. So it's time to get back to business!

Two weeks ago Nick and I went on vacation, and I was struggling big time with ED. In my eyes (more so ED's eyes) I was five pounds too heavy which made everything about me ugly and disgusting. So, when it came time to put my swim suit on, it inevitably ended in a breakdown. One night, I just collapsed on the bathroom floor crying my eyes out and telling Nick how much I just hated myself for being so ugly. I told him to leave me because I was embarrassing to be with. It was a very low point for me. The next day I vowed not to allow ED to steal my vacation, so I took my antidepressant medication in the morning and discussed all of the reasons my body could be retaining more weight than usual.  With a lot of strength and support, I was able to reclaim my vacation and have a fantastic time.

This quarter I am taking Pilates and a zumba class, which is making me feel a lot better about my body, for now at least! Hope it stays that way, I am convinced a woman is the most beautiful when she feels confident in herself.

Stay Strong and Beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment