Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spreading the Word

My mom has asked me to speak to her Kiwanis group, and of course I decide to talk about ED. For me, this is a chance to educate a group of people that may be very ignorant to eating disorders. I am very nervous, not only about the public speaking aspect, but the fear of their reaction. The group is a lot of males and older in age, that is the audience that scares me the most since ED is not an "issue" of their generation. I am afraid they will not accept the fact that ED is a disease, although mental, just as deadly as any physical disease. I need some help with what I should talk about, do I talk about the neurological facts, or the personal experience, or give statistics? I would love to hear from you. If you were to hear a speech on eating disorders, what would you be most interested in hearing. The speech is April 24th, so I need to start preparing!!

Stay Strong and Beautiful!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment