Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Making Time

Taking time to truly embrace recovery is hard to do when there is so much going on! I still have work that I would like to get done so that tomorrow I can give all of my time to taking care of Nick. However, I know that I also need to care for myself and take time to acknowledge my recovery. I have called it a night for homework and am going to spend the rest of my night painting my nails and making a page in my scrapbook dedicated to recovery and respect for my body.  I will post a picture of the finished product!

I am starting to notice that by making time to acknowledge my recovery has really instilled a deeper respect and pride in myself. What I am fighting is tough and I don't mind saying that I am doing a hell of a job. I go to school and get all A's (occasional B's), I tutor two children that require me to make a lot of lesson plans, and I have a long distance relationship. I know a lot of people my age balance the same things, but I also fight a deadly disease every day on top of all of that. It certainly is not easy, but is without a doubt worth it. The time I am taking to really reflect on all of the hard work I put into recovery and fighting ED has really helped. I feel more power over my disease because of this new found self respect. 

Stay Strong and Beautiful! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment