Monday, August 22, 2011

Trick of the Light

Hey there my loves!!! So this past weekend I helped my cousin Kevin out with his photography class. I was the model for the session and I was so excited. I used to want to do modeling professionally, but with ED it would be like an alcoholic pursuing bar tending. But modeling for my cousin who is sensitive to my condition made it a safe environment to have a little fun with it. I had so much fun! Of course any glimpse of a photo taken, I criticized my appearance in it, but I kept reminding myself that it is just for fun and for the people in the class to learn.

While Kevin was teaching the class about lighting techniques I learned a lot myself. The way light is placed and how bright it is during a photo shoot can create many illusions...one being an unrealistic look to skin. This is something to keep in mind when looking at beautiful women in magazines, between light tricks and photoshop, there is nothing realistic left to the photo. Next time you begin to compare yourself to a photo in a magazine just remember it is selling you empty promises. Photos have to look perfect because they are selling a product to people who desperately want to achieve perfection. They should really be sued for false advertisement!! Might have to call a lawyer :p

Stay Strong and Beautiful!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment