Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Brighter Side of ED

Hello my loves! Last night I had a sleep over with one of my best friends, sorry I didn't write!! Yesterday was a little tough with food. I woke up late so I had to cram in a lot of stuff before I went to work. I also have been feeling bloated lately, so that doesn't help the food intake! Good news though...ever since last week's session my body image has been a LOT better. I look at my reflection and see me as I am, not me as what I am not. It feels really good to not pick myself to pieces. I am much happier and can talk to my coworkers and friends without being paranoid about my appearance. I have realized that they do not know what "I am supposed to be" per ED, they know me as what I am, end of story. To them I am perfect because I am the way I am supposed to be. It is important to remind yourself that perfection is subjective. My, or ED's rather, expectations for myself are mine only, they are not held true to others in the world and they do not judge me or see me for who I am not. Coming to this revelation has truly made my life so much brighter and I hope that this is truly the light at the end of the tunnel that I have been waiting two years to find. This is absolutely a huge step in my recovery and I am so proud of myself for getting to this point.

Stay Strong and Beautiful! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment