Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 1

Living with an eating disorder is not living at all. For the past year and a half I have been in recovery from anorexia, and I am beginning to see what life without ED (eating disorder) is like. In 2008 I started starving myself and losing weight. I had very strict habits and had punishments for not following my "rules." Within months I had lost nearly 15 pounds, weighing in at under 100 pounds.  I had lost so much more than just weight, I had no emotions or energy. As soon as I got home from school I would sleep until my family ate dinner and I pretended to do the same. It is such a powerful disease and honestly it is scary as hell! I am so glad I got the help I needed. Even in recovery ED pokes his ugly head into my life when I am vulnerable and it is my life long responsibility to put myself first and always fight to win.  The purpose of this blog is for me to put my feelings out there about the daily struggles of being in recovery and to hopefully make a difference in someone else's life.  If I can inspire just one person to love themselves enough to get help, that is worth every hardship I have faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment