Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Challenge Completed!

Five weeks ago I challenged myself to try a new dance class, aerial silks. Never heard of it? Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-tsXcKaXo of Sara Evans at the CMA awards. Go about a minute in and there are people doing aerial silks. HARD, HARD, HARD! Gorgeous to watch and really neat to do, but is very difficult. I am glad I tried it, but am glad it is over! I will stick to dancing on the floor from now on since that is what I am good at. We practiced a trick that is taught in the advanced level and you have to jump and catch the silks in between your belly and hip....well I fell on the floor. The space between the end of my rib cage and my hip bone is only about an inch, so not much room for this trick. At first I was really embarrassed and upset that I didn't do the trick, actually more upset that I couldn't do many of the tricks on the silks, but I was able to soldier on. My teacher reminded me how long it took her to do some of the tricks that I am having the most trouble with and told me not to compare myself to the other girls in the class because I was the only one who was taking the class for the first time. I am really glad that she told me that because I really needed someone in that moment to get me to quit comparing.

Same situation with the food and body image... :/  I am doing the best I can though. The urge to restrict  and lose a mass amount of weight is extremely strong and tough to shake.

Saturday, I am doing a photo shoot for my dance studio- Hair, make up, the whole nine yards. I am excited and hoping that it will help the self esteem!

Stay Strong and Beautiful! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment