Monday, May 16, 2011

Empowered

The support that has been pouring in the past few days has really helped me. Today, for the first time in I don't know how long, I ate my full meal plan!! It wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I worked most of the day so that kept me pretty busy. I had a sister in recovery message me saying how the blog has inspired her to eat her full meal plan....hope you did it girl! One day at a time, we are in this together. Seeing how eating disorders have effected so many different people has empowered me to make a difference and take charge of my own disease. In a way we are the lucky ones. Sounds crazy I know, but think about it. I was diagnosed with a life threatening disease and I have the power to stay alive. There is no risky medication or surgical procedure that could or could not cure me...only I can cure me. As long as I work hard, I live. Does that mean it is easy? Heck no! All I am saying is that I can CHOOSE to live, not HOPE to live. This weekend taught me that I have so much to live for. If I died tomorrow, I would be able to die in peace knowing that I have touched the life of even one person, and that is worth it. I am not doing this to be praised or be complemented for being brave or anything, I am doing this for my own mental clarity and hopefully to touch the lives of others struggling. I am here to be an advocate to those in need and a friend with advice to give to those who feel helpless. I am choosing to live and it feels good.

Stay Strong and Beautiful! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment