Monday, May 30, 2011

Cook Out Jitters

Happy Memorial Day!! I mentioned last night how holidays and special occasions are always challenging because of all the food. Today was no different. We had a small cook out at my Dad's house, just me my dad, step mom, sister and brother. It was fun to have all of us together, but the overwhelming spread of food was not so fun. I woke up once again without planned meals, partly because I didn't know what was going on today. I had some waffles and a string cheese to get me started. I wrote down what I ate and took my meal planner sheet with me to make sure I got in everything I needed. At lunch time I knew I had to eat enough to equal my morning snack and lunch, so I just filled up my plate chicken and two sides. After I ate I wrote down what exchanges I had gotten with what I had just eaten. Since I did not have the food labels, I had to estimate how much each item was worth. Even if I over estimated, I still had not accomplished my goal of a snack and lunch. I was really discouraged because I was miserably full! After I let my food settle, I had a brownie to add to growing list of exchanges that needed to be met. I did not want food to ruin one more day for me, so I just put away my meal planner sheet and enjoyed the company of my family.

Once I got home, I laid out in the sun for a little while to relax. It felt good to just soak up the sun while sipping on a glass of pink lemonade :) Being in my bathing suit was very nerve wracking! Luckily, there were not many people out to worry about seeing me. Naturally, after 30 minutes in 90 degree heat, a shower was in order. By now it was time for dinner. I was alone and still full from lunch, but I had a lot that needed to get done, so I went to the freezer and pulled out some BBQ turkey and put a pot of water on to make some corn on the cob.  The BBQ sandwich was really tough to get through, but I did it. Looking at my meal planner sheet, I was able to add up all the the exchanges I had left to get in for the day. By seeing everything bulked that I needed to get done, it was easier to figure out something to eat that would get the job done!

I hope everyone had a wonderful memorial day. No matter what your struggle is in life, I hope you were able to take a few minutes to count the good things that are going on in your life.

Stay Strong and Beautiful! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment