Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter!!

I hope every one had a wonderful Easter Weekend! Yesterday was a little challenging for me with all of the food and sweets around. I stuck to my meal plan and survived. Although, everytime I ate a little bit of candy or anything "extra" I felt guilty. I also have to tell on myself, I weighed myself in the bathroom. Of course seeing the number, which I will not say, was more than I would ever want, but it is a healthy weight for my height. I am still haunted by the number that popped up on the scale. It seems lately that my mind is thinking about food more than ever! I am distracted by the thought of finding something to eat to get through my next meal that won't feel like a lot. Of course, my desire is to just not eat and not worry about feeling food in my stomach, but knowing that is not an option I try to get the bare minimum to keep my weight stable. Things are tough and it is not fun, but I have had these times before and this will pass soon as well. Today has been a pretty good day, aside from the ruminating thoughts about food. I spent some time in my brother's class room and graded some papers. It reminded me why I want to be a teacher, but I am still confused about what route to take for my future. After my brother's class I went home to eat some lunch and then went to work. Today was working with the infants, 1 year and under. They are so sweet, but a lot of work! I truly feel like my work with children will make me a better parent.  I spent the evening with my dad, step mom and little brother. After dinner we went and got ice cream and I ate all of mine! Afterward I felt aweful, but I did a half hour of zumba and felt a tiny bit better. Now I am sitting in bed listening to a storm outside and am ready to close my eyes. Nothing beats falling asleep to a thunderstorm!

Stay Strong and Beautiful! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment